What’s the difference between CREW Network and CREWBaltimore membership?
CREWBaltimore is an affiliate organization of CREW Network and all members of CREWBaltimore are automatically approved as members of CREW Network. CREW Network is an international organization comprised of 75+ affiliate organizations; membership in CREW provides you with access to a network of more than 11,000 CRE professionals.
While the overall purpose and goals of CREWBaltimore reflect those of CREW Network, CREWBaltimore has its own unique structure allowing it to meet the needs of our market. CREWBaltimore uses CREW Network's standard qualified fields of commercial real estate (QFCRE) to guide its membership criteria and experience prerequisite, and determines its own dues, programs and member activities.
What are the benefits of membership?
- Member pricing for CREWBaltimore events
- Access to member-only educational and networking events hosted by CREWBaltimore
- Invitations to special program events with other CREW chapters in the Maryland, D.C. and Northern Virginia region.
- Opportunities for mentorship and leadership development.
- Exclusive access to CREWbiz, an online business networking tool, membership directory and personal marketing profile. Your profile on CREWbiz can be used to promote your skills and expertise to our international member base of more than 11,000 professionals globally.
- Discounted registration to the CREW Network Convention & Marketplace as well as the winter, spring and fall CREW Network Leadership Summits.
- Exclusive access to programs and leadership trainings, including the CREW Network Certificate in Leadership
What makes CREWBaltimore unique?
- We are well-established within the community; active for over 30 years
- We provided key input and helped establish standards for the CREW Network Social Media Playbook
- We actively update our blog to include pertinent industry research, as well as highlight members and their achievements
- We hosted CREW Network's Spring Leadership Summit in 2015
- We are actively recognized by local media for the programs and events we host throughout the year.
How often do you meet? What’s the time commitment for membership?
CREWBaltimore typically hosts one luncheon a quarter, and hosts additional professional development events and construction tours, periodically.
We encourage members to get involved on a committee to maximize your membership experience. Committee participation varies, but each committee normally has a one-hour meeting or conference call once a month.
What are the requirements to join? What is the process?
Prospective applicants must attend one (1) meeting within 12 months of applying, be sponsored by a CREWBaltimore member, and complete an application form.
Interested individuals should first attend a CREW event and then submit an online application, which requests contact info and experience details, along with a resume and a sponsor form (to be completed by a current member who is sponsoring the prospective member).
Once the completed application form has been received, the CREWBaltimore Board of Directors will review and notify the applicant.
More info »
What are the costs? When are dues collected?
CREWBaltimore has five (5) membership categories: Full, Associate, Affiliate, Public Sector, and Student.
Costs vary; corporate discounts are available.
More info »
Membership dues are billed upon notification of approval.
CREW memberships are on calendar-year terms, so renewal invoices are sent in the fall for the coming term.