Director, External & Legislative Affairs, AT&T
LaTara Harris joined AT&T in March 2013 and serves as director of external & legislative affairs for AT&T in the Mid Atlantic. She is a consummate professional whose focus has been on local legislative and regulatory affairs in Maryland, Washington, DC, Northern Virginia and now - Southeastern Pennsylvania. Harris joined AT&T after more than ten years with the Maryland Business Roundtable for Education, where she held a variety of senior roles, including director of partnerships and outreach.
Harris has been recognized as one of Maryland’s Top 100 Women by the Maryland Daily Record and received the Minority Business Leader Award by the Washington Business Journal.
She is passionate about keeping the doors open for generations to follow and has programs that have mentored thousands of students over the years. She co-founded Youth Leaders In Training with her children, and is the Founder and CEO of WeEmpowerWomen Enterprises, a global women’s empowerment organization that aims to uplift, motivate and empower women of all walks to take the next step toward their full potential.
Harris has been recognized for her contributions to her community and for her professional success with the following awards:
• 2020 AT&T Women of Color Graduate
• 2019 National Congress of Black Women – Sisters Empowering Sisters Award
• 2017 Washington Business Journal - Minority Business Leader Award
• 2015 Maryland Daily Record – Maryland Top 100 Women Award
• 2015 & 2014 US President’s Volunteer Service Award
• 2014 High Tea Society’s – Communi-Tea Service Award
• 2010 Maryland Daily Record - “VIP Successful by 40” Award
Harris earned her undergraduate degree from Bowie State University and her MBA from the University of Maryland.