We expect all member, nonmembers, vendors, and associated personnel to live up to our pledge to provide a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming environment.As such, we expect the code of conduct should be obeyed at any venue, in-person or virtual, where your affiliation with CREW is likely to be displayed or acknowledged.
Be inclusive : We welcome and support people of all backgrounds and identities.
- Any form of discrimination based on age, gender, race, socioeconomic status and socioeconomic origins, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, health conditions, political affiliation, marital status, domestic status, parental status, or any other applicable basis proscribed by law will not be tolerated.
- Strive to eliminate bias in professional activities.
Be respectful: We respect the rights, dignity, and worth of all people.
- Contribute to a professional environment at all of our events,
- Communicate openly, with civil attitudes, critiquing ideas rather than individuals.
- Avoid personal attacks directed toward other members, guests, volunteers, sponsors, staff, service providers, and all others in attendance.
- Welcome people from diverse backgrounds and wide-ranging points of view.
- Treat others with respect and consideration.
- Be considerate, collegial, and collaborative.
- Avoid derogatory comments or remarks about the Chapter and its individual member, nonmembers, vendors, and associated personnel
- Do not display nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations.
- If you choose to consume alcohol do so responsibly, safely, and without compromising your duty to act in a professional manner.
- Pay attention to your surroundings and other participants. If you notice a dangerous, disruptive, sexist, or discriminatory situation or someone in distress, alert staff/chapter leaders.
Do not harass: We do not tolerate harassment, intimidation, bullying, or discrimination in any form.
- Do not make verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin or any other identified characteristic
- Do not touch or make physical contact with anyone unless you know the contact is welcome.
- Do not make real or implied threats of, physical, professional or financial harm.
- Do not physically/verbally abuse or stalk members, guests, volunteers, sponsors, staff, or service providers.